<Error> <Deployer> <BEA-149205> <Failed to initialize the application 'usermessagingserver' due to error weblogic.application.ModuleException: Exception preparing module: EJBModule(sdpmessagingengine.jar)
Unable to deploy EJB: MessageForwarderBean from sdpmessagingengine.jar:
The run-as security principal, 'OracleSystemUser', chosen for the EJB 'MessageForwarderBean(Application: usermessagingserver, EJBComponent: sdpmessagingengine.jar)' is not a valid user principal in the current security realm. Please specify a valid user principal for the EJB to use.
Looking at the error we can see a complaint about an user: OracleSystemUser.
First of all I've checked if the user was still valid:
- Login into Weblogic Console
- Navigate to Security Realms -> myrealm -> Users and Groups -> Groups..
- I noticed that the user OracleSystemUser wasn't there.
Still in Users and Groups tab:
- Access the Groups tab.
- Check if the OracleSystemGroup exists. If so, go to step 4.
- Click on the 'New' button and enter the below details:
Description: Oracle application software system group
Provider: <leave the default value: DefaultAuthenticator>
- Access the Users tab.
- Click on the 'New' button and enter:
Description: Oracle application software system user
Password: <provide same password as weblogic user>
- Click on the username 'OracleSystemUser' and then click on 'Groups'.
- Select the previously created 'OracleSystemGroup' and click 'Save'.
Bounce all servers on cluster to complete the changes and let the server starts the applications normally.
Note: that error can occurs with other applications in WLS which uses the OracleSystemUser.